Thursday, April 17, 2008

Weird Sleep Hypothetical Question That I Just Thought Of

Ok, so a wizard comes to you and says, "You can choose how long you will be in this magical sleep.  When you wake up, you will not have to sleep for those hours that you slept magically until you use them all up. For example, if you sleep for four hours, those four hours will count towards your need for four hours' worth of sleep at another point in the future.  You can choose when to use those hours. If you slept for twenty years, you'd have twenty years of sleep stored up. But, when you awake, time will have passed normally, and you will miss whatever happened while you were sleeping. Also, your life will be the same number of years including your magical sleep. (If you were to sleep from 23 to 25 and you were going to die at 73, you still will-- you won't live to 75.)"

How long would you sleep?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

tempting thought... since I'm more exhausted than I've ever been in my life. I'd choose eight hours. I'm in desperate need of eight straight hours of sleep. But too many wonderful things are happening to miss any more than that. Plus - I've been up in the middle of the night far too often in the past six months - nothing exciting happens then. :)

Sarah said...

I want your answer. :)

kd said...

none. I like life - and I do like to sleep - I like CJ's sermon on sleep - it makes me remember there is a God! :)

janel said...

sarah- ok, so i think i'd sleep for 2 weeks. but only if i wouldn't get fired. =) but then, if i did, i'd just find a new job. so 2 weeks would be a good time limit i think. 2 wks' worth of sleep is a good amount of time.