Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Conversation, or 3+4=7 (DCB reference), or the Diary of Life

me: ok so you want to know what just happened
nick: i just clicked on your box to type you something...
and then you already said something else
me: ok you tell me first then
i'm sure you thought of it first, but i was too quick for you so i beat you to it
[redacted because it's not very nice]
nick: hold on, that does sound interesting
me: shut up
so i sold my couch today
nick: congratulations
[redacted because it's not interesting or funny]
me: yeah i suppose
ok so now it's my turn to tell you my story
nick: hit me.
me: so i had been a little jumpy when my phone went off in the past 5 minutes
but then my speaker started making noise like my phone was going to ring
and i noticed, and then my phone rang, and my heart skipped like 3 beats and i said out loud "freaking a"
and nobody's here
but I HAD NOTICED and i still jumped
nick: ...that was possibly the most confusing story.
me: really?
nick: so your phone didnt ring, but then it did? and then you jumped?
what
me: it did ring
no this is what happened
my mom texted me, and i jumped a lil
nick: why
is your phone scary?
me: b/c i'm jumpy! and then she texted me AGAIN, and before it came through and the sound was made and it vibrated, the speaker started being fuzzy
and i thought to myself "i bet my phone will ring"
and then it DID ring
and i jumped a LOT and shouted "Freaking AAAA!"
and no, my phone is not scary
nick: hahaha
you need to journal that story. if anything from your life is worth passing down through generations, its that story.
me: ok i'll put it in my blog
nick: hah good
me: actually i'll just put this whole conversation in
oh crap, i cant
the [redacted because it's not very nice] should not be preserved
dang it nick, you screwed everything up
nick: hahah well just edit that part out
me: it wont make sense then
bc the first thing you say is that you were going to say something, and then i will edit
out everything you said
[redacted because it's not interesting]
nick: i was actually be facetious
factitious?
me: no you were right
nick: i was being snide.
me: facetious
what?!? you?!?
nick: snarky is probably my favorite adjective
or snarkily as an adverb
if i was on a spelling bee team, we'd be called the snarks
me: yeah i could see that
haha
only a spelling team?
can i be on the snarks?
i'm a grade-A speller
one time my cousin and i were going to be in a talent show and she said "what can you do?" and the only thing i could think of was "i can spell!"
nick: well what other team would appreciate the snarks?
haha
me: it's true
nick: thats awesome
me: yeah, she didn't think so
nick: that is entry 2 to your diary of life
me: she was like cmon janel there must be something you can do... and i was like, nope.
nick: how old were you
me: um, 14
nick: this wasnt in college?
oh wow, i was thinking like 8
well you could have always fought in a battle of wits
thats talent show quality
put on a suit of armor and verbally berate some 14 year olds
me: that is brilliant. i would wax the floor with the spittle from their braces-filled mouths
nick: haha spittle


Nick, I can't thank you enough for the constant inspiration you are to me. For example, the above snippet of conversation.

To my faithful readers: If you were disappointed by the lack of substance to this post, please lodge your complaints with the administrator at administrator@gmail.com. If you thought this glimpse into the everyday occurances in the life of the author was worthwhile and insightful, please feel free to leave complimentary comments.

1 comment:

Chad said...

the purpose of the blog is to waste time. but this particular entry was too wasteful of my time. I wish I had my 5 minutes back.