Thursday, January 10, 2008

Janel's Guide to...

...Dealing with difficult people or situations.

Step 1. Listen to your mother.
Step 2. Humble yourself.

In so doing, you will heap fiery coals on their heads. And you will clear the air so you can sleep peacefully. He gives his beloved rest.

I have a lot to learn in this life. I just pray that God lets me keep my parents for as long as possible because he knows I would make an even further f-up of my life than I already am doing if they were not here.

Why do I confuse my honor or my dignity with my pride? How do I keep the first and lose the second? Maybe it has something to do with letting God defend me, trusting him for my vindication, and putting down my sword. When it comes to dealing with eternal souls, I cannot be too careful. My actions have supernatural repercussions.

Jesus said in Luke that we are to give to whomever asks us. I assumed that was referring to homeless people; how narrow-minded I can be! And to think that he can provide for everybody-- he told me that only so that I would benefit, not the one who asks me. We are to give because, in God's economy, we are blessed through our giving. Are you asking for blessing? Do your part and give, and God will fulfill his end of the bargain.

My parents gave a huge percentage of their income this year. And Dad's job-on-the-side with the Kansas City Royals replenished that exact percentage back into the family income. What better testimony do you need? He is faithful.

No comments: